Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005 Solution Accelerators deliver additional benefits for Windows Server System environments managed by MOM 2005. They do this by delivering ITIL–based best practices and prescriptive guidance for handling operational management processes. The solution accelerators focus on two areas:
• Streamlining alert management: Alert management systems can be more effective if the process of managing the incident during its life cycle is considered. Specifically, you may only want to be informed of alerts that improve responsiveness.
• Improving service continuity: Failover of systems in data centers should go unnoticed by users. Implementing best practices for recovery of a MOM 2005 database failover helps protect data if a geographic or other disaster impacts a MOM implementation.
Five Solution Accelerators
The five solution accelerators for Service Monitoring help organizations reduce the cost of operations by streamlining MOM 2005 deployment and operation. Each solution accelerator provides technical and prescriptive guidance to enhance MOM 2005 capabilities in a specific aspect of operations management. In addition, each solution accelerator is aligned with the Service Management Functions for Service Monitoring and Control as explained in the Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) Executive Overview.
1. Notification Workflow Solution Accelerator is a Microsoft SQL Server–based Notification Services application that can be used to extend notification functionalities of MOM 2005.
2. Autoticketing Solution Accelerator provides guidance for automated ticket generation, enabling the automated posting of a request (or ticket) into the Trouble Ticketing (TT) system used for incident management.
3. Alert Tuning Solution Accelerator helps reduce the volume of alerts when deploying MOM 2005 management packs.
4. Service Continuity Solution Accelerator helps maintain the availability of MOM 2005 service.
5. Multiple Management Group Rollup Solution Accelerator allows a business to propagate data from multiple management groups into one data warehouse to create consolidated and aggregated reports.